Frequently asked money transfer questions

If I send money from abroad to a normal Indian savings account, will it be taxable?

If you send money from USA or any other country to India to any of your close relatives (as provided in the question above) it won’t be taxable. But if you send money to any other person above Rs 50,000 then it will be taxable as ordinary income from gift under the Income Tax Act, 1961.

Find more questions on this topic


Add Reply
// //