Worst service EVER and To Expensive.
I had 10.000 DKK approximately €1350 transferred from Denmark to Cyprus. I received €1200 Euros, I can't complain about this because I was aware of the price. But the issue starts with all the hassle to get my money:
1. They asked for ID, and I presented them with an EU id, My Danish drivers licens which is a Valid ID. This wasn't good enough I had to drive 15 km home tog et my passport.
2. Many of the Western Union partners, didn't even have the money to payout.
3. I called customer service, who really didn't care about being serviceminded. When I told her the partner didn't have enough money to pay, her respons was; well they are small, they can't always carry that much money. And when I asked her what should I d to get money, her respons was, I had to keep trying, according to her I should drive back and forth in hope of getting lucky. After some pressure she found Wester Union Partner, who was huge, Bank of Cyprus, and she recommended me to go there to get my money. I was so happy as I am a customer in Bank of Cyprus, there would be no issues, at least that was what I thought.
4. I drove to the bank waited in line for 20 minutes, and when it was my turn, the message was clear; Yes the bank had partnership with Western Union, however not for payout, They only used Western Union for sending money.
5. After running around a lots of trouble I succeeded in finding kiosk centrally located in Limassol and got my money.
It cost me €150 Euros and two days running around to get my money. Now that awful service should not cost €150.
A SEPA transfer through the bank would have cost between 3-6 Euros without all the hassle.
At least if Western Union had given a better service, I wouldn't mind the €150 I paid them.
After complaining to customer service nothing happened.